[syslog-ng]Memory not released in syslog-ng

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rolf_B=F6hme?= rolf.boehme@gno.de
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:21:46 +0200

Hello,

according my notice about the memory problems with syslog-ng I have tested
again with the actual stable version og syslog-ng.

My Configuration is SuSE Linux 7.1 on Compaq Computer, 164MB RAM, 20GB
Harddisk, syslog-ng 1.4.15, libol 0.2.23. Eight other Computers (Linux and
WinNT 4.0/my modified ntsyslog) send their Information to the Log-Server.

After about 23 to 32 hours running syslog-ng the Linux operating system
kills the syslog-ng demon with a memory allocation error. The free memory is
down to about 10MB. The memory used b syslog-ng was not released.

I am using the following syslog-ng.conf:

# Konfigurationsdatei fuer syslgd-ng
# RB 020827

options {
	sync(0);
	keep_hostname(yes);
	long_hostnames(off);
	use_dns(yes);
};

source s_default {
	pipe("/proc/kmsg");
	unix-stream("/dev/log");
	internal();
	udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514));
};

destination d_messages {
	file("/logfiles/clients/$HOST/$YEAR-$MONTH-$DAY.$FACILITY.$PRIORITY"
create_dirs(yes) );
};

log {
	source(s_default);