[syslog-ng]syslog memory problems

Michael Renner m.renner@inode.at
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:41:13 +0200

At 07:32 PM 9/10/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have installed syslogd-ng version 1.4.9a on SuSE-Linux 7.1. Eight other
>Servers send their messages to the syslogd-ng-Server. After a few hours or
>about two days the Linux-System kills the syslogd-ng, because the allocation
>of memory from syslogd-ng failed.
>
>Any Hints or Tips and so on to correct the error?

My first tip would be "upgrade"

1.4.15 is the current "stable" version of syslog-ng, the bug will be most
likely fixed in that version (although i can't say it for sure, i didn't
pay that close attention to syslog-ng back then)

How much memory do you have in that system, do you know how much memory
syslog-ng uses before it gets killed?

mfg/best regards

--

Inode Telekommunikationsdienstleistungs GmbH  -  http://www.inode.at/
Michael Renner - Junior System Engineer

Buero Wien - Millennium Tower Handelskai 94-96/43 - A-1200 Wien
Buero Graz - Schmiedlstrasse 1 - A-8042 Graz
Buero Sbg  - Schillerstrasse 30  - A-5020 Salzburg
Buero Ibk  - Eduard Bodem Gasse 5-7  - A-6020 Innsbruck