[syslog-ng]file buffer flushing

Sergey Y. Afonin asy@kraft-s.ru
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:24:07 +0500

On Monday 09 September 2002 18:51, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> > I interested by it too. :-)
> > I think that forcesynctime(N) parameter come in handy when rate of messages
> > unsteady.
>
> IIRC there's an fsync() option that controls flushing.

Hm... I'm not understend.

   Table 3-5. Available options for file()

   fsync() yes or no Forces an fsync() call on the destination fd after
   each write. Note: this may degrade performance seriously

Is this about system file otput ? Isn't it ?

I say about it:

   Table 3-8. List of supported global options in syslog-ng
   sync() number The number of lines buffered before written to file

--
Regards, Sergey Afonin
asy@kraft-s.ru