[syslog-ng]Remote Logging

Gorm Jensen gjensen@magma.ca
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 11:10:12 -0400

In the past, my log host received logs from one remote host, so
syslog-ng.conf had separate destinations spelled out for the log host
and the remote host.  Now I am adding more remote hosts to the LAN,
and I want to record the same information from the new hosts.  I am
trying to add the following lines to a syslog-ng.conf file that has
worked in the past. I commented out the cron entry for the existing
remote host.
destination remote-logs.cron { file("/var/log/$HOST/cron.log"); };

log { source(s_tcp); filter(f_cron); destination(remote-logs.cron); }

The first line works, but the second line causes a syntax error.  What
am I doing wrong?