[syslog-ng]crashbug fix in recent syslog-ng versions

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:25:01 +0100

> > I have found two problems which are the possible cause of the crashes
> > reported on this list. expect a new release soon if the fixes below prove
> > to be effective.
>
> I am very happy to report that 1.5.23+libol-0.3.5 are running just fine
> in my environment.  Before I discovered 1.5.23 was available I had
> already tested 1.5.21+the sources.c patch, and that worked for me as
> well.
>
> Thanks very much for taking the time to stomp this bug out of existence!

cool, and thanks for testing the fix. if syslog-ng 1.5.23 proves to be
stable, I'll release 1.6.0

Could you - not specifically you, rather the list - please test the
configure.in changes as well on different platforms?

I've tested it on Debian GNU/Linux, and Solaris 8 (Linux on x86, Solaris on
Sparc).

A test on one of the BSDs and HP-UX would be welcome.