[syslog-ng]Re: syslog-ng-1.5.21 on Solaris8

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:37:12 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:17:04PM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> In article <20021015130802.GA9694@balabit.hu>,
> 	Balazs Scheidler <bazsi@balabit.hu> wrote;
>
> } res_init() seems to be platform dependant, so I added a configure test in
> } 1.5.22 (which has been released, but not uploaded to our website)
>
> Any chance to fix dumping core with this version?

not yet, sorry. I once managed to cause a SEGFAULT, but the resulting
backtrace was not usable. What seems to be true is that there's some kind of
memory corruption going on. It seems to be related to TCP support, but don't
I know whether destination or source. Narrowing down the problem to some
component (e.g. only occurs with TCP sources or destinations)

Does it happen when only a simple, persistent TCP connection exists, or it
is somehow related to connection establishment?

I'd need to add some more debug info to the output (e.g. dmalloc or
something similar).

So there are many questions, and I don't really have enough  time now. It
also doesn't help that it took several hours to get syslog-ng crash.

I've fixed the most important things (res_init(), the problem with binding
sockets, etc.) that's 1.5.22 and libol 0.3.5