[syslog-ng]logging with $HOST and no $HOST

Hamilton, Andrew Andrew.Hamilton@afccc.af.mil
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:48:51 -0400

You can always use the DEFAULT filter as your last log line.

log { source(src); filter(DEFAULT); destination(junkfile); };

That will get all the logs any of your filters would miss.

Regards,

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: JR Mayberry [mailto:mayberry0404@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 1:56 PM
To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: [syslog-ng]logging with $HOST and no $HOST

When I do an lsof on my syslog-ng server I will see
entries like

(i'm setup with : file(/log/$HOST/$MONTH-$DAY-$YEAR);
)

"/log -- 13" (13 because its 1pm now)
"/log -- 10-11-2002/13"

So, I'm obviously losing logs, I need to know how I
can fix this and get these logs (even if it's to a
"dump all poorly malformed log packets to a single
file" solution)

syslog-ng 1.5.15

thanks.