[syslog-ng]res_init not found on Solaris 9

joe781@att.net joe781@att.net
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 04:28:07 +0000

I am using Libol 0.3.5 and syslog-ng 1.5.23. Libol installed without a problem.
The make for syslog-ng terminates as follows:

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include/libol -D_GNU_SOURCE  -o syslog-ng  main.o
sources.o center.o filters.o destinations.o  log.o cfgfile.o cfg-grammar.o
cfg-lex.o affile.o afsocket.o afunix.o  afinet.o afinter.o afuser.o afstreams.o
afprogram.o afremctrl.o  nscache.o utils.o syslog-names.o getopt.o getopt1.o
-lpthread -ldoor  -lfl /usr/local/lib/libol.a -lsocket -lnsl -lxnet
res_init                            main.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to syslog-ng
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `syslog-ng'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/syslog-ng-1.5.23/src

The ./configure step finds it OK. Where would I find it? TIA.

Joe Haggerty