[syslog-ng]Newbie Question - Error Upon Installation - Help!

Ron Braley braley@aero.und.edu
Mon, 20 May 2002 08:07:01 -0500

Greetings!

Upon installing syslog-ng-1.4.10-1.0.24, and trying to run syslog-ng, I
received an error:

Cannot open configuration file /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf for
reading
Parse error reading configuration file, exiting.

So, I specified the configuration file and now am getting the following
error:

# syslog-ng -f /etc/syslog-ng.conf
io.c: bind_unix_socket(): /var/chroot/named/dev/log not a socket
Error initializing configuration, exiting.

I'd greatly appreciate any help given by anyone.

Take care.

rb

Ron Braley
Network Team Leader - CCNP
Systems Team Leader - MCSE, CNE
University of North Dakota (Aerospace College)
braley@aero.und.edu
701-777-2964 (work) / 2940 (fax)