[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng and Mysql

Michael Earls Michael.Earls@chmcc.org
Mon, 06 May 2002 11:13:39 -0400

what ver of syslog-ng?

	-----Original Message-----
From: nelsotob@ohsu.edu
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 11:14 AM
To: <syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu>
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng]Syslog-ng and Mysql

	Yes that is actually what I have in my script is INSERT just a
typo in the messages.

	Toby

	>>> sander@sanderscorner.com 05/04/02 04:39AM >>>
(Response to message from Toby Nelson, nelsotob@ohsu.edu)

	Hello Toby,

	Should'nt it be 'template("INSERT INTO...'?

	Regards,
Sander

	Saturday, May 04, 2002, 1:14:08 AM, you wrote:

	> Can someone help me?
> I have syslog ng running perfectly getting all info from all of my
hosts. I would like to take this one step farther and start adding it to
a mysql data base. I have made the mysql.pipe using

	> mkfifo and add the following lines to my syslog ng.conf:

	> destination d_mysql {

pipe("/etc/mysql.pipe" template("INSET INTO logs(host, facility,
priority, level, tag, date, time, program, msg) VALUES('$HOST',
'$FACILILITY', '$PRIORITY', '$LEVEL', '$TAG',

	> '$YEAR $MONTH $DAY', $HOUR:$MIN:$SEC', '$PROGRAM',
$MSG');\n") template escape(yes));