Abraham, Ajamu [email protected]
Thu, 2 May 2002 21:05:08 -0600

I am trying to do the same thing. I got three datacenters and I am =
all my routers and switches to syslog-ng servers in each location. I =
got sqlsyslogd working on a test server but noticed that the format in =
my logs come into the database is wrong.=20

Can you tell me if you was able to accomplish your goal and if so can =
send me a sample config on how to tailor the logs before it is entered =
the database. Thanks in advance.

Ajamu Abraham=20
Network Engineer=20
The Human Internet=20
1440 Broadway, 20th Floor=20
New York, NY 10018=20
Direct: (212) 204-1525=20
Cell: (917) 416-3800=20
"l'argent comptant r=E8gne tout autour de moi"

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Earls [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 2:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [syslog-ng]syslog-ng

The reason I want it to log to a database is that I have over 100
routers and switches in different cities, I want a central Syslog
server, I want all of techs in each city to be able to view the Syslog
messages from a web browser anywhere.  The only way I know to do this =
have Syslog log to some database then have php/perl search from the =
What is the best way for me to do this with Syslog-ng? =20