[syslog-ng]include file feature?

Gert Menke gert@menke.za.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:24:20 +0100

Hi!

> Ok, I like that.  But how do we guarantee a certain order?  Even a simple
> `ls` lists the files dependent on the locale.

I am not sure if a guaranteed order is necessary at all, but if someone
really needs it, I suggest that syslog-ng should always use the C-locale
ordering.

But making a few groups of logfile rules and including them as follows:

   include ("/etc/syslog-ng.d/1-*");   # stuff that has to be at the
                                       # beginning for some reason

   include ("/etc/syslog-ng.d/2-*");   # main

   include ("/etc/syslog-ng.d/3-*");   # catch-all rules for everything
                                       # that didn't match above

should be sufficient for almost everyone, I guess...

Greetings
Gert