[syslog-ng]Logging Remotely from Solaris to Linux Update

Ron Braley braley@aero.und.edu
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:36:06 -0500

Hi Bazsi

Here's an update and continued question:  Everything seems to be fine
when syslogging remotely from the Solaris box to the Linux box except
that cron priorities of debug - critical don't get sent (just emerg).
Also, Solaris and Linux boxes alike won't send daemon priorities debug
or information messages to the log host.

New problem:  We need to send logs from our Cisco 2511 access router
and 6509 switch/router to the Linux log host, but it's not working.
I've set logging facility and host from the Cisco devices, but they
don't get logged on the log host.  Any ideas or advise?

As always:  Thanks much for all your help!!

rb

Ron Braley
Network Team Leader - CCNP
Systems Team Leader - MCSE, CNE
University of North Dakota (Aerospace College)
braley@aero.und.edu
701-777-2964 (work) / 2940 (fax)