[syslog-ng]lost logs when using syslog-ng on Linux due to /dev/log reopen

Borsenkow Andrej Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru
02 Jun 2002 16:36:10 +0400

=F7 =F7=D3=CB, 02.06.2002, =D7 14:18, Balazs Scheidler =
=CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:
>=20
> /dev/log is recreated every time, but given it is a SOCK_STREAM =
socket, the
> sender program can notice the broken pipe, and those will work.
>=20
> If it is SOCK_DGRAM (to which several distributions switched to) the
> recreation of /dev/log is bad.
>=20

Yes, Mandrake 8.2 and above that I have defaults to DGRAM. It is
probably glibc issue finally; it is using glibc-2.2.[45]. Is there a
pressing need to recreate /dev/log on SIGHUP?

-andrej