[syslog-ng]Installing on a non-compiler system

Lightfoot.Michael Lightfoot.Michael@comcare.gov.au
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:01:17 +1000

I should go and eat more often.  After returning from a delightfully
relaxing lunch (baked vegetables and mug of Soya flat white) and
digesting another 4 or 5 pages of Herodotus (Xerxes is just about to
attack Greece), I reread my message and realised all I had to do was
creat a symlink from /export/home to /usr/local/src and it would all
work.  I'm still not sure what to do if the DMZ systems don't have make.

> # make install
> Making install in src
> Making install in .
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target
> `/usr/local/src/syslog-ng-1.4.15/configure.in'
> Current working directory /export/home/syslog-ng-1.4.15/src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
> `install-recursive' Current working directory
> /export/home/syslog-ng-1.4.15/src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'

m.
NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately.  Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.

Comcare's Canberra and Melbourne offices have moved to new premises.

We hope this notice makes it easier for you to update your records.

New street addresses:

Canberra office
Level 1
14 Moore street
CANBERRA CITY  ACT  2601

Melbourne Office
Level 2
121 William Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Claims Fax Number 03 9620 4721

Please call Comcare on 1300 366 979 if you have any queries.