[syslog-ng] 1.5.19 patch for hostname and hpux pipe

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:45:54 +0200

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 04:52:42PM +0200, Trapp, Michael wrote:
> hi bazsi,
>
> i still see some problems with pipe support on hpux and the pad_size option.
> the message ist shorter but there is at least 1, sometimes
> a few additional lines in the log containing useless characters
> appended to the origin message.
>
> a few day's ago i've send you a patch regarding hostname options (check_hostname)
> would you integrate it into 1.5.20 ?
> i would appreciate it to find this feature in a future release ...

I think I've replied your message. I integrated check_hostname(), though
implemented a bit differently.

Wrt HP-UX, could you post some strace (ktrace, truss anything HP-UX uses) to
show how much syslog-ng reads?