[syslog-ng]Strang behaviour of syslog-ng (and my program)

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:58:38 +0200

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:32:08AM -0400, Antai Ning wrote:
> Hi Gents,
>
> I'm posting the question again because I really need an answer for it,
>
> Thanks a lot,

can you check whether strace shows anything insane?

are you using buffering in your perl program?

syslog-ng uses a read/write pipe, and writes messages as soon as the pipe
becomes writable. if the pipe is not writable (as indicated by poll),
messages are buffered in a fifo, whose size is controlled by
log_fifo_size().