[syslog-ng]host x.x.x.111 is the same as x.x.x.11 (filter error?)

Lubos Vitek lubos_vitek@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 01:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much for your kind reply!
It really works as you wrote :-) (with ^...$ RE).
Now I have one another question. How can I filter out
this kind of log record:

datum hostX process some text with "xxxxx" string

I want to write it in file for hostX.log, so I wrote
filter:

filter f_hostX { host("hostX"); };

then I wrote filter for string "xxxxx":

filter f_notxxxxx { not match("xxxxx"); };

and then I used it all in log statement:

log {... filter f_hostX ; filter f_notxxxxx ; ... }

I tried to log something on host hostX with string
"xxxxx", and I received it in syslog-ng in file
hostX.log. Why ? What am I doing wrong now ? Please
sorry if I missunderstand something, but I tried it
more times with other combinations of filter, but the
"NOT" statement simply does not work ...

Thank you in advance for your reply...

Bye,
Lubos.