[syslog-ng]How do I make logging of a message to stop after certain filter?

Subodh Nijsure SNijsure@SkyStream.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:17:49 -0800

Hello,

I have seen reference to this in some syslog-ng document but I can not find
it now.

What I want to do is log ftpd or dhcpd related messages to go to ftpd.log
and dhcpd.log respectively.

But I also have "default" rule that catches all messages not logged,
currently what is happening is all the
ftp and dhcpd messages are getting logged to ftpd.log and dhcpd.log , but
they are also getting logged to

here is the relevant section of the syslog-ng.conf file

source scm_messages { unix-dgram("/dev/log"); internal(); };

filter f_ftpd { match("ftpd"); };
filter f_dhcpd { match("dhcpd"); };

destination ftpdlog { file("/var/log/ftpd.log"); };
destination dhcpdlog { file("/var/log/dhcpd.log"); };
destination scmlog { file("/var/log/scm.log"); };

log { source(scm_messages);  filter(f_ftpd); destination(ftpdlog); };
log { source(scm_messages);  filter(f_dhcpd); destination(dhcpdlog); }; <<-
I want ftp logging to stop here

log { source(scm_messages);  destination(scmlog); }; <<---- This is my
catchall entry

Also does syslog-ng have any options to set max-size of the log file? or do
I have to run logroate?

Thanks.

/Subodh Nijsure
Software Manager - Network Media Routers
SkyStream Networks