[syslog-ng]Leaky syslog-ng files?

Rob Mitzel rob@rascal.ca
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:15:22 -0800

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to syslog-ng, but I really like it so far, except for one
thing I can't figure out...(it could be a clueless newbie issue.)

I'm using syslog-ng on FreeBSD 4.4 to log everything for about 10 cisco
routers/switches right now, with about 30 more that will be added over
the next week or two.  I have them logging to separate files right now,
and that works great, with newsyslog archiving stuff, etc etc.  Works
wonderfully.  However, everything keeps leaking into my
/var/log/messages file, which I don't want it to do.  I *just* want it
in their separate files.

An example of what I use for filters is:

filter f_gig2 { host("gig2-0"); };

And for log:

log { source(src); filter(f_gig2); destination(gig2); };

And for destination:

destination gig2 { file("/var/log/peer1/vancouver/gig2-0"); };

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Rob.