[syslog-ng]iptables and /v/l/messages

greg whorley gwhorley@mail.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:35:41 +0800

I got syslog-ng to log iptables messages to /v/l/iptables using match(IN=) and it works fine. However, I still get iptables messages in /v/l/messages because, well, it's supposed to log all info level messages there.

I changed my firewall script so that --log-level is 7 (debug) instead of 6 (info). I tested, and the messages are still logging to /v/l/messages. There is no filter for level(debug), only level(info).

I bet there is a simple resolution to this. Can anyone help?

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup