[syslog-ng]Making Logs Viewable as a Webpage

Tommi Virtanen tv@debian.org
14 Jan 2002 08:59:09 +0200

"Aaron Brown" <Aaron.Brown@talenttree.com> writes:

> First off, Congrats on making an awesome utility. I've used it in 2
> nationwide networks utilizing over 200 Routers, servers and network
> appliances and its run rock solid. But I would like to make the logs
> viewable via a webpage for security purposes. Unfortunately the Logs
> come out as a continuous line when viewed as html. Basically I'd
> like to be able to add a html page break ,<br>, to the end of each
> log message as they are written. I'm sure its an easy fix, but I am
> by no means a programmer. If possible could you tell me which src
> file and line that holds the command that writes the actual syslog
> message to the file. Any help would be appreciated.

        Please split your lines.

        Configure your web server so that the content-type of
        the log files (*.log, I guess) is text/plain.

        And don't even think just prefixing all lines with <br>
        would be enough. Think of a log line that says "<foo ".

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
double a,b=4,c;main(){for(;++a<2e6;c-=(b=-b)/a++);printf("%f\n",c);}