[syslog-ng]Messages from AIX 4.3.2 syslog always 'forwarded'

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:18:12 -0700

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:03:20PM +0100, Douwe Dijkstra wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I just installed syslog-ng on a central loghost and it seems to think that
> messages from AIX systems are 'forwarded'.
>
> Messages from AIX machines look like:
> Jan  4 10:00:20 pg forwarded from pg:
>
> Messages from Solaris machines look like:
> Jan  3 17:16:41 mailhost sshd[1386]:
>
> What is wrong here?

It might be hostname chaining, but I seem to recall another AIX person
was having this issue a while ago.  I would look the the mailing list
archive to see if the answer isn't there.  I don't look after any AIX
boxes so I try not to remember these sorts of things.
   __o		Bradley Arlt				Security Team Lead
 _ \<_		arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca			University Of Calgary
(_)/(_) 	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~arlt/	Computer Science