[syslog-ng]Having trouble with the options syntax for file permissions

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:17:25 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:42:58PM +0000, Leonard Mills wrote:

> Running v.1.5.13
>
> Couldn't find likely questions in the archives, going to the list.
>
> I have been getting several gigabytes per day in the logs of entries
> similar to (line broken for length considerations:
>
> Feb 13 00:28:04 admin monitor_mail@admin.sjc.in.sel.sony.com: [daemon.info]
> monitor_mail@admin.sjc.in.sel.sony.com[24759]: connect from
> hpntbox1.corpnet.sel.sony.com

you might consider using filters to avoid logging lines like this. if a log
line matches no destination (because of filters for example) it will be
dropped. you don't need an explicit trash destination.