[syslog-ng]Sorting based on incoming hostname.

Konstantin Riabitsev icon@phy.duke.edu
14 Feb 2002 16:56:06 -0500

--=-mNisBOeL7O2yFXQ4ouSP

Hi, folks:

I am trying to achieve the following setup. Say, I have Solaris boxes
and Linux boxes on my network, and I want them all to log to one
loghost. However, I would like to separate the incoming logs by system
type. I had this idea: Solaris boxes would log to log-sol.domain.com,
while Linux boxes would log to log-lnx.domain.com, which are both
CNAME's to loghost.domain.com.=20

Would it be possible for syslog-ng to put all solaris logs in
/var/log/solaris and linux logs into /var/log/linux, based entirely on
which hostname they arrived at?

Cheers,
--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev