[syslog-ng]syslog-ng mysteriously exits

Ed Ravin eravin@panix.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:47:48 -0500 (EST)

John Coke writes:

> Are you referring to the SIGHUP bugs(s)?

Oh, please ignore the previous note I sent, I just realized you were
posting at the top of that message about the little comment I'd made
at the bottom:

> Also, have you tried upgrading to the latest syslog-ng (1.5.14 or so)?
> Except for one small bug :-) it's worked pretty well for me.

Yes, I was refering in particular to the one where file sources
are opened twice when SIGHUP arrives.  My current workaround,
I am sad to say, is to run both the original syslog and syslog-ng,
and have syslog listen on /dev/klog, and forward the kernel messages
to syslog-ng.  Yuk.