[syslog-ng]Possible overflow?

William Yodlowsky wyodlows@andromeda.rutgers.edu
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:11:52 -0500

On Thursday, February 07, Nicholas Berry wrote:
> I didn't see if any mailed in a resolution to this problem, I'm still having it.  I'm running Solaris 8 (SPARC) w/syslog-ng-1.5.13 and libol-0.3.1.  Also, when I run more or less on one of the log files, I occassionally get the error "file may be a binary, continue?"
>
> >I too get high ASCII characters, but on a regular basis across multiple systems.
> > I have about 20 hosts  logging to two syslog-ng systems.  I see this anywhere from

I've seen them too, only intermixed with sendmail logging.  Also Solaris
8 SPARC, with syslog-ng 1.4.x and 1.5.x.

Could syslog-ng be taught to strip out any unprintables?  It would make
parsing the logs that much easier.  Perhaps as a log { } option, so if
you wanted them, you could keep it?

--
Key fingerprint = AB4B 584D B0FF D770 2B70  10B5 5708 E111 9A52 9B97
"There are no mistakes, only happy accidents." -- Bob Ross