[syslog-ng]syslog-ng doesn't work with minilogd

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:30:29 +0100

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 06:32:25PM +0100, Daniel Tschan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed syslog-ng 1.5.24 on Red Hat Linux 7.3 and 8.0 and discovered
> that it doesn't work together with minilogd. For a description of minilogd
> please see:
> <http://www.cygnus.com/support/wpapers/redhat/initscripts/what.html>.
> Minilogd terminates if syslog-ng is started like expected, but the
> messages buffered by minilogd are lost. Any idea what's the cause and how
> to fix it?

Maybe minilogd expects a SOCK_DGRAM (unix-dgram) socket as /dev/log and you
are using a SOCK_STREAM one (unix-stream)?

Maybe we could help you if you gave us some more information, like
strace-ing minilogd as it tries to deliver a message.