[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:17:25 +0100

hi,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 07:32:40PM -0800, Richard E. Perlotto II wrote:
> While it took me a little while to get used to the differences,
> I have been pretty impressed with your product of syslog-ng.  My
> question is for you is how do others get involved seeing what will
> be planned for future releases, and help test some of those concepts.
> I can think of several things that would make your tool more useful,
> but do not know what may already be planned for 1.6+.
>
> I am very interested in where this product is going, and the direction
> of your development.

syslog-ng 1.6 will be released real soon now, in fact 1.5.24 could have been
called 1.6.0rc1.

Still to be done until 1.6.0 is released or during the 1.6.x releases:
* OpenBSD kernel logging problem should be fixed
* MacOS X compatibility problems
* configure script testing on different platforms

The 2.0 branch of syslog-ng is completely rewritten, it is now based on glib
2.0, so the compilation problems with scsh will be gone.