[syslog-ng]different time settings in affile.c

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:28:12 +0100

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:44:31PM -0500, Blaise St-Laurent wrote:
> I've been looking through affile.c to see what macros are defined, and i've
> found 3 different sets of date macros.
>
> DATE, FULLDATE et.al which i assume is the date in the syslog message
> R_DATE, R_FULLDATE et. al which i assume (correctly?) is the reception date
> by the server.
>
> but what are S_DATE etc?

simple DATE, FULLDATE is for compatibility only, it uses the date as
specified by the use_time_recvd() global option.

R_DATE uses the received stamp regardless of use_time_recvd()
S_DATE uses the stamp in the message regardless of use_time_recvd()