[syslog-ng]syslog-ng to MySQL

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:25:43 -0800

--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 03:16:37PM -0800, Richard E. Perlotto II wrote:
> Has anyone successfully gotten this to auto start successfully,
> and if so, could you please share your programs?  I have followed
> the instructions on campin.net, which while very nice do not seem
> work successfully for auto starts.
>=20
> I can get the logging to go to the database via the pipe command,
> but cannot seem to get any form of /etc/init.d file to properly
> auto start the logging to the database.
>=20
> Or perhaps there is a better way to do this? =20

This is pretty vague Richard.=20

What is in your init script and what are the error messages? Does it
start from the command line as root? If so is root's path different from
the system path?

We need more info to be of any help.
--=20
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net=20

"When angry, count four; when very angry, swear." - Pudd'nhead Wilson's=20
Calendar(1894) - Samuel Clemens

--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h

--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h--