[syslog-ng]Installing on Mac OS X

Ken Toney ktoney@tiff.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:27:31 -0500

>On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 09:42:27AM -0800, Nate Campi wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:32:56PM -0500, Ken Toney wrote:
>> > syslog-ng directory, I ran "./configure --with -libol=path" with path
>>
>> You have to build libol, i.e. "./configure && make" in the libol dir
>> but no "make install". Then run "./configure --with -libol=path" from
>> the syslog-ng source dir.
>
>please note that --with-libol must be written with no spaces between 'with'
>and '-libol'

Thanks Nate and Balazs for your suggestions. However the space between
'with' and '-libol' was a mistake in my email only.

I attempted to build libol, however, and now have an error when checking
host system type.

"checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type:
you must specify one"

Looking at the configure script, line 1249 is calling the config.guess
script to determing the system type. But there is no entry in
config.guess for Mac OS X, so the script does not recognize this system.
I'm going to investigate ammending this script with an entry for OS X.

I'll let the list know how it works out. Thanks.

Ken Toney
ktoney@tiff.org