[syslog-ng]Installing on Mac OS X

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:42:27 -0800

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:32:56PM -0500, Ken Toney wrote:
> I want to install syslog-ng on Mac OS X v. 10.2.2 but am getting stuck on
> the configure script. I did not want to install libol. So, from the
> syslog-ng directory, I ran "./configure --with -libol=3Dpath" with path
> being the path to the libol folder. The output seems to go fine until it
> reaches the step "checking libol version". It can't find the libol-config
> file. Does anybody have any suggestion, or has anybody compiled syslog-ng
> on Mac OS X.

You have to build libol, i.e. "./configure && make" in the libol dir
but no "make install". Then run "./configure --with -libol=3Dpath" from
the syslog-ng source dir.
--=20
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net=20

"It is better to deserve honours and not have them than to have them and=20
not deserve them." - Samuel Clemens

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl--