[syslog-ng]sshd2 logging needed

wolverine wolverine@webworxmedia.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:22:50 -0500

Hello,

I have spent the last day hacking around with syslog-ng, and thinks is
great.  I have just one problem that I have not found an answer to in
searching google.  I am having difficulty getting it to pick up the
entries from sshd2.  I have sshd2 set up for SyslogFacility  AUTH, and
get authentication attempts logged in /var/log/secure using the standard
logger, but cannot get them picked up by syslog-ng.  I have tried some
of the various filters that I have found, but still no information shows
up.  Anyone have this working?

syslog-ng version 1.4.17
Mandrake 8.1, 8.2, 9.0,
SSH 3.2.2

At this point, just getting it to log local is fine, as I have been able to
get logs to be sent using stunnel, but pretty much gutted the configs
down to get this working.

Thanks go out to all for syslog-ng and for their support.

-Wolverine