[syslog-ng]centralized syslog-server.

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:28:43 -0800

--NQTVMVnDVuULnIzU

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:53:35PM +0100, Jon Hofstad wrote:
>=20
> It isn`t necessery to set up local logging, is it?
> I only wants everything to be sent out via UPD and nothing to be stored
> locally..

Then your whole syslog-ng.conf can be like this:

---------------
options { long_hostnames(off); };

source src {
        unix-stream("/dev/log");
        internal();
};

# set up logging to loghost
destination loghost {
	udp("10.0.0.1" port(514));
};
=20
# send everything to loghost, too
log {=20
	source(src);=20
	destination(loghost);=20
};

Your src may be different and if you run linux you can shut down klogd
and put in "pipe("/proc/kmsg");" to your source to read kernel messages
directly, but you get the gist.
--=20
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net=20

The trouble with being punctual is that people think you have nothing
more important to do.

--NQTVMVnDVuULnIzU

--NQTVMVnDVuULnIzU--