[syslog-ng]Incomplete library checking when building 1.4.15 on Sol7/SPARC

Adam Steffes asteffes@asteffes.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:25:38 -0700

While trying to build syslog-ng v1.4.15 on a rather plain Solaris 7/SPARC
machine, I found that the configure script doesn't look everywhere it should
to find yywrap.  My system had it in /usr/lib/libl.a while the configure
script seemed to look only in /usr/lib/libfl.a.

I basically hardcoded the configure script to look at libl.a in a hurried
attempt to get it to compile.

Is this something anyone has looked at before? I admit I am not a developer
by any means, and certainly do not want to insult anyone. It seems a small
bit of code could be added to the 'case' statement in the configure script
to perform a more extensive search for yywrap.

Here is how I found the location of yywrap on my machine:

$ for lib in /usr/lib/*.a ; do echo $lib ; nm $lib | grep yywrap ; done

<other libs snipped>

/usr/lib/libintl.a
/usr/lib/libkrb.a
/usr/lib/libl.a
/usr/lib/libl.a[yywrap.o]:
[5]     |         0|       8|FUNC |GLOB |0    |2      |yywrap
[1]     |         0|       0|FILE |LOCL |0    |ABS    |yywrap.c
/usr/lib/libldfeature.a
/usr/lib/libm.a
/usr/lib/libmail.a
/usr/lib/libmalloc.a