[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.5.20

Victor victord@paid.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:45:12 -0400

> Hi,
>
> New development version of syslog-ng has been released:
>
> News for the 1.5.20 release
>         Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:03:45 +0200
>
>         * fixed a kernel message mangling problem
>         * implemented check_hostname() which checks if a hostname is
>           acceptable (contains characters [0-9a-zA-Z-_.], and if not,
>   it is not parsed as hostname, this fixes problems with devices
>   which send messages which seem to contain a hostname, but in
>   reality they don't

Just a note. I don't think this is an error, but I get this during compile:

Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/syslog-ng/work/src/syslog-ng-1.5.20/src'
cd /tmp/syslog-ng/work/src/syslog-ng-1.5.20 && autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:56: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
autoheader: `src/config.h.in' is updated
cd .. \
  && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=src/config.h \
     /bin/sh ./config.status
creating src/config.h
make  all-recursive