[syslog-ng]output format to remote syslog duplicates info

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson@softwareag.co.uk
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:42:36 +0100

Hello!
I've been playing with syslog-ng, which is great, but I have a question.
I am logging locally, and forwarding on entries to a remote syslogd (SL4NT).

both work fine, and the entries in the /var/log/ syslog files are fine.
However, on the SL4NT machine, the message entries include the date and
machine name in the message log, even though it is included as fields in
SL4NT.

This behaviour doesn't happen when normal syslogds forward to my SL4NT
server.
Is there a way of turning this off by default?

I'd prefer not to have to write templates for each rule I want sending to a
remote syslogd.

does anyone know if there is an option to turn this off?

thanks!
		chris

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS