[syslog-ng]template() usage with non-file() output

Tycho Fruru tycho.fruru@conostix.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:53:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

Apparently, templates are not (yet ?) supported for non-file output
methods, which is too bad for me (wanting to use templates with an
external program() or tcp forwarding) :(

I've looked rapidly at the code but it seems that template functionality
is part of the file affile.c ... so perhaps it will not be easy to extract
this and make a generic template mechanism.

I would like to know whether anyone of you guys already have written or
are planning a patch to include this functionality (which would of course
make syslog-ng even better than it is today :-)

Cheers,
Tycho

--
Tycho Fruru			tycho.fruru@conostix.com
"Prediction is extremely difficult. Especially about the future."