[syslog-ng]No indication of facility/level on AIX 4.3.3 using syslog-ng 1.4. 14

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:30:56 -0700

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:15:24PM +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> This can be solved by the template options:
>
> destination d_file { file("/var/log/messages" template("$DATE $HOST [$FACILITY:$LEVEL] $MSG\n"); };

Bazsi,

The $HOST macro comes from parsing the message, right? It would be nice
to have a macro that came directly from gethostbyaddr, to get consistent
naming, and to make sure that badly formatted TAG sections (spaces in
them) aren't mistaken as the hostname.
--
"Usenet isn't a right. It's a right, a left, and a swift uppercut to the
jaw."  -Computer Museum (Boston)