[syslog-ng]No indication of facility/level on AIX 4.3.3 using syslog-ng 1.4. 14

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:57:20 -0700

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:47:11PM -0700, Nate Campi wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 04:08:59PM -0400, Gehring, Andrew     x66132 wrote:
> > Is there something special I need to define or configure to have
> > syslog-ng on AIX (4.3.3) write the facility/severity as part of the
> > messages?
> >
> > On solaris we saw [facility/severity] written with each messages, but
> > we don't get this on AIX...
> >
> > Did I miss something while configuring/compiling?
>
> That's syslogd on solaris doing that, actually. I would like to see
> syslog-ng offer this as an option, too.

Man do I feed stupid, not syslogd but the syslog/openlog call on
solaris that writes that in.
--
So unleash your nmap-from-hell and beware, you may tickle an obscure
bug in an ancient box hand-built by Seymour Cray himself, the only one