[syslog-ng]Installing Syslog-NG

Victor victord@paid.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:46:34 -0400

Hi, I have a linux system and I want to try to install Syslog-ng to stream
apache logs from one box to a central box (since regular syslog is not
reliable)

How do I install syslog-ng on a new system? It seems to be running syslogd
and klogd. Do I just shutdown syslogd only? Or both? Or does syslogd-ng run
alongside the two?

Could you also post an example of a config file that mimics the
/var/log/maillog,kernlog, etc type of logging in a syslog-ng server config
setup?

Thanks for any help.

P.S.
Is there perhaps a howto dealing with installation of Syslog-ng on a running
system?

Thanks