[syslog-ng]hosts... today's stupid question :}

bretwatson@charteredsemi.com bretwatson@charteredsemi.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:37:15 +0800

Hmm OK,
how should I set the permissions of the file?

Thanks,

Bret

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi@balabit.hu>      11/04/2002 03:26
Sent by: syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu

Please respond to syslog-ng

             To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
             cc: (bcc: WATSON Bret/IT/CHRT/ST Group)
             Subject: Re: [syslog-ng]hosts... today's
             stupid question :}

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:18:51AM +0800, bretwatson@charteredsemi.com
wrote:
> Hi Bazsi,
> but it is listed as a valid macro and digging through the code it is
> actually there as in the macroexpansion proc...
>
> does that mean not all macro identifiers are currently being expanded?
> Which ones are valid?

> > destination host { file("/usr/log1/$HOST/$YEAR$MONTH$DAY" owner(root)
group(logusers) perm(0640) dir_perm(0755)); };
                ^^^^

macros are not reserved words, I meant the name of your destination.

PGP info: KeyID 9AF8D0A9 Fingerprint CD27 CFB0 802C 0944 9CFD 804E C82C
8EB1