[syslog-ng]hosts... today's stupid question :}

bretwatson@charteredsemi.com bretwatson@charteredsemi.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:22:26 +0800

Hi All,
a stupid question most probably,
I'd like to build a generic destination for my default filter so that any
new hosts get dropped into their own directory

something like
destination host { file("/usr/log1/$HOST/$YEAR$MONTH$DAY" owner(root)
group(logusers) perm(0640) dir_perm(0755)); };

But syslog-ng doesn't seem to like it and complains of syntax errors all
the time..

Any hints?

Thanks,

Bret

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]