[syslog-ng]Filter Question.

Kevin Welch kevinw@iserv.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 02:56:34 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1DBAE.3D3EDA2A

Im trying to setup a filter as follows:

filter f_terse  {  facility(local7); and
match("%CALLRECORD-3-MICA_TERSE_CALL_REC"); };

filter f_notterse  { facility(local7); and not
match("%CALLRECORD-3-MICA_TERSE_CALL_REC"); };

Now my problem is that this doesnt work and kicks back an error, it seems I
cannot use the match keyword and define other parameters.  Is this correct
or do I have the syntax messed up?

My reason for needing this is that terse call records from my my dial
systems take over 10000 calls a day and generate alot of syslog information,
I need a way to filter these to a different logfile from other syslog
events.

Thanks

-- Kevin

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1DBAE.3D3EDA2A

Filter Question.

Im trying to setup a filter as follows:

filter f_terse  {  facility(local7); and = match("%CALLRECORD-3-MICA_TERSE_CALL_REC"); };

filter f_notterse  { facility(local7); and not = match("%CALLRECORD-3-MICA_TERSE_CALL_REC"); };