[syslog-ng]how to get FQDN?

Rimdenok, Sviatoslav sviatoslav.rimdenok@colt.ch
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:17:59 +0200

   Dear All,
   I've installed syslog-ng version 1.4.13, - it is really nice tool !!

   There is syslog-ng installed on each unix system. At the same time all
logs are sent to the central server (where syslog-ng is installed also).
   At the cental server I'm triying to spread logs in the different
directories by using macros like $HOST, $YEAR and so on.
   When I'm using $HOST directories I didn't manage to get the full domain
name, - only short of it.
   For example, the full domain name is "server.domain.com".. but $HOST =
"server"..
   Could you please give me a small hint what I should to change (in the
system configuration, in the syslog-ng config-file)?
   I've tried to find the answer in the maillist archive but didn't succeed.
   Thank you very much!

   here is options section of syslog-ng.conf file (I'm using the same
options on all servers):
options { sync (0);
          time_reopen (5);
          log_fifo_size (1000);
          long_hostnames (on);
          use_dns (yes);
          use_fqdn (yes);
          create_dirs (yes);
          keep_hostname (yes);
	  use_time_recvd(yes);
        };

   Thanks again for your help and great tool !

   regards,
   Slava