[syslog-ng]AIX - Broken Connection

Roman Ernst roman_ernst@at.ibm.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:02:27 +0200

Maybe someone can help me with the following question:

After an established syslog-ng connection between 2 AIX boxes I have the
problem that if terminating the physical network connection the connection
state stays ESTABLISHED...

My problem:   I want to recognize connection problems at my logging
server... when a syslog-ng client can't connect to the logging server
anymore the server should send an alert-email.

Unfortunately at the server-side there is no log that the connection the
the client has been closed/broken,... Is there any possibility to see when
the connection between client <-> server is broken???

Thanks a lot in advance!

Roman