[syslog-ng]Linelength problems..

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:38:15 -0700

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:20:33PM +0100, Robert Glad wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem with syslog-ng that is quite strange.
> We have been running syslog-ng for a while now, it has worked fine but today
> i noticed one thing that is not that good at all. It seems like when
> loglines get too long, syslog-ng just truncates them. I looked around in the
> sources and found a define in syslog-ng.h, MAX_LOG_LINE. I boosted it up to
> 4096, recompiled, deployed the new binary but the problem remains..
>
> Any ideas?

I could be wrong, but I thought the "standard" for syslog was 1024
charactors, and not a byte more, per line.  Is it possible the sender
of the logs is truncating?  Or depending on your kernel and syslog on
that platform, perhaps the kernel is helping out and enforcing this
line length.
   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)