[syslog-ng]solaris 8 x86 errors

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:32:16 -0700

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 05:56:54PM +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 08:23:27AM -0700, Nate Campi wrote:
> > I'm running syslog-ng 1.4.14 on a solaris 8 x86 box, logging over TCP to
> > another syslog-ng loghost. I'm getting this error sporadically:
> >
> >   pkt_buffer::do_flush(): Error flushing data
> >
> > Is this anything to worry about? All I see on this is a patch from 1999:
> > http://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/1999-December/000376.html
>
> you should see something like this as well, which reports the exact cause of
> the problem:
>
> werror("io.c: do_write: write() failed (errno %i), %z\n",
>        errno, strerror(errno));
>

> other than that you might try to truss the syslog-ng process, to see why the
> write() calls do not succeed.

Oops, my stunnel connection reset at that time, and I didn't see it the
first time (the times don't actually show up in my log summary reporst
so I didn't see the corellation). I wrap the connection with stunnel.

Thanks for the help, sorry to waste your time.
--
Nate Campi  <nate@campin.net>  www.campin.net  GnuPG key: 0xC17AEF79
Key fingerprint = BF12 722F 8799 E614 33CC  FAB7 5A90 C464 C17A EF79

The best answer when anybody asks you if you're any good with
explosives is to hold up two open hands and simply say "Ten".