[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.5.12 and use_time_recvd()

Jon Bidinger JonBidinger@FairIsaac.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:29:34 -0700

I'm using syslog-ng as a syslogd replacement for a centralized log server.
I'm also monitoring the logs using swatch. One of the options for swatch is
to throttle messages that are repeating over a period of time.

The problem I'm having is that I have servers over many different timezones
logging to the log server. This seems to confuse swatch since it can't tell
which machine is in which timezone. After reading the docs for syslog-ng,
use_time_recvd()seemed like the perfect option. However, after putting it in
my options, the output doesn't change.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with this feature?

from my /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf

options {
        sync(0);
        time_reopen(10);